Here's a repeat of a great swap we did last year.
We have so many new members, I thought it would be fun to do it again.
For this swap, create 3 “background papers” – something patterned, layered, abstract, stamped, etc – your choice.
Whether you’re into art journals, mixed-media art, collage, or mail-art, you could always use more interesting and unique papers, right?
Ideas to try: (with links)
There are loads of you tube videos out there too. Google "art journal backgrounds" - you could lose a month of your life trying to watch them all.
Create them on a somewhat sturdy paper like cardstock or water color paper. Something not too flimsy because people might want to use it as the background to a journal page, but also not too thick because people might want to rip it up and use it in collage.
All three of your papers can look the same if you want - they will be going to three different people.
- Make three original papers, roughly 8 1/2 x 11 (no copies or print-outs please)
- You are welcome to make more than one set of papers. You'll get back the number you send. You can include multiple sets in one envelope - I will re-use your envelope to send your new papers back to you.
- Put your name and email on the back of each one
- Put them in an envelope without folding them
- Include postage or cash in the envelope (cost of mailing a large 2 oz envelope is $1.12. A 3 oz envelope is $1.32. If yours is particularly lumpy or heavy or stiff, it might cost more. Get a professional opinion if you're not sure. Click here for the USPS on line postage calculator.
- If you forget to include stamps/cash, or if you're outside of the US, you can send me the postage money via paypal - email@example.com
- Include a mailing label, addressed to yourself, so that I can put it on the envelope I mail back to you (I will reuse the envelopes you send to me)
- Get them in the mail by July 8th
- Karen Isaacson, PO Box 532, Shrewsbury, MA 01545
(all of the images in this post are my own original papers. To see what others created in the first swap, click on the label below this post that says "painted papers" and it will take you to all the posts related to this swap)
This is such a wonderful swap! And yes, I will be doing this one! I am SO, SO GLAD that I found this place! Thank you for being so cool, Karen! Luv ya!
Yeah, I love paper...
Good to find your page!
Love these swaps! Next week I'll be making painted papers.
Yeah! An excuse to make decorative papers.
oh karen, perfect timing. i have been wanting to do this and had thought about organizing a swap of my own, but hey, now you get to do all the work, lol. problem is, i could send dozens of swap sets and not have to do any work. but, what fun would that be? will making more papers in the next few days.
Post a Comment