Nine from Carla:
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
Sunday, June 26, 2022
Here's an easy technique that requires simple materials, yiet yields amazingly gorgeous results.
All you might need would be:
- a shallow pan (foil, glass or metal will do)
- foam shaving creme (NOT gel)
- pencil, dowel, skewer or stirring stick
- card stock or sturdy copy paper
- an apron was highly recommended by one of our participants. I forgot to mention it because I wear a large red Hawaiian shirt from the thrift store when making art :)
- acrylic paints or inks
- plastic ruler edge or scraper of some sort
Spread 1 - 2" of white foam around in the pan, drip or drizzle ink or paint over the surface, draw the stirring stick through to make parallel rows or swirls. Lay your paper or card stock down on the surface. Pat paper gently to make sure all the paper contacts the surface.
I had SO much fun making these samples. Hope you enjoy trying this technique, too.
Please enclose one post card stamp and one self-address label for each piece you send in.Non-machinable (thick, stiff, heavy, notched-corners) or cards over 6" x 4+1/4" will require extra postage.