Your challenge, should you choose to accept it: create a post card based on a single color.
It's okay to have a little bit of black or white or a hint of an accent color, but keep the focus on shades of a single color.
Here are some examples. (these are actually ATC's I did a while back, but you get the idea). You can use any materials and any style as long as your postcard is handmade.
This is a really fun exercise, and I hope a lot of you will join the swap. I've heard personally from a few people who admit to being nervous or shy about swapping.
Please Please Please don't be afraid.
Everyone's offerings are welcome and appreciated.
We have brand new artists in our midst, and experienced artists trying things for the first time.
We are all here because we like to make art, we like to mail art, and we like to get mail in return.
No one is ever disappointed to open their mailbox and find a cheerful handmade postcard with a friendly note.
So here are the swap details:
- Make a monochromatic postcard
- Put a stamp on it and write a short message to your partner - include your name and contact information (address and/or email and/or blog) so that you partner can thank you or find out more about you.
- leave the address section blank
- include a mailing label with your name and address on it (I will stick it on the card I mail back to you. This keeps me from having to decipher handwriting on the envelope you send me, and saves me time when swapping everything and mailing it back out)
- put it in an envelope and mail it to me no later than July 28th.
PO Box 532
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
- Feel free to make more than one ( you can send them to me in the same envelope). You'll get back the number of postcards you create. Make sure to include a mailing label for each post card you create.
- If you live outside the US, don't attach stamps and send me $1 via paypal. email: firstname.lastname@example.org