Many thanks to Judith for this great idea for a swap!
Create a 5”x7” piece of art depicting what you see through your window. Include the frame of the window, as if you are looking through it.
(Judith's postcard created for our blue swap. Check out her blog, Sticky Fingers On Paper)
You don’t need to be literal with your view. It could be the view you actually have, or the view you wish you had, or a window into your soul, or a window to a fantasy world. Just be sure to include some type of window frame.
|Matisse did a lot of paintings with windows.|
Any media is welcome – drawing, painting, collage, mixed media, etc.
The substrate is also your choice as long as it’s sturdy – cardboard, wood, heavy water color paper, cereal box, canvas board – whatever works for you.
- Within the US: Please go get your package weighed. If it costs you $2.00 to mail it to me, it will cost me $2.00 to mail your art to someone else. So before you seal up that envelope, stick the proper number of stamps or amount of cash into the envelope. Or, if you prefer (or forget to stick it in the envelope), paypal me the amount it cost you to send the package. (paypal address is firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you live outside of the US, email me so we can figure out a suitable postage amount. It’s a little trickier with parcels, because I won’t know the weight of what I’m sending you until all the swapping has been done, so I don’t know how much it will cost me to mail this unknown item to you. But we can definitely work something out, so don’t let it hold you back from swapping.
Be sure to sign your work! And include a note or business card for your partner so that they know more about who the artwork came from and are able to contact you and thank you.
Also let me know if you want me to link your work to your blog, website, flickr, etc.
- create a 5x7 work of art based on the theme “through my window"
- pack it in an envelope
- write the name of the swap on the outside of the envelope
- include a mailing label with your address. I will stick this to the package I’m sending you. If you don’t have any labels, just send a label-shaped piece of paper with your name and address on it and I will tape it to your envelope. By including a label it saves me the time of writing everyone’s info by hand, and keeps me from making mistakes when I decipher your handwriting and copy your address.
- Include a note/contact info for your partner
- If you live in the US include postage or cash (or use paypal to send me the money)
- If you live outside of the US, email me at email@example.com to discuss rates
- Get it in the mail - postmarked by Monday March 11th
- Send to : Karen Isaacson, PO Box 532, Shrewsbury, MA 01545 (United States)