Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Superheroes part 2 and the return of Mail Art Monday

I've got a few more excellent Superhero post cards to share with you today, as well as an invitation to share a story next week.

Here's Care's superhero:

and one from Carroll:


this one from Christie:

and this one from Tameko:

and now for the invitation:
Every superhero has an origin story - how they got their superpowers, and what led them to a life of fighting evil.  
Artists have origin stories too, though they don't usually involve a radioactive spider.
Still, wouldn't it be fun to share them with each other?

I confess, this isn't my idea.
Joanne was recently musing about her influences and how she got started in mail art, and suggested we all share our stories.  I thought this was a fabulous idea, and so....

Next Monday, November 18th, I will host a "Mail Art Monday", for the first time in months.
The theme will be origin stories.
If you've got a blog, I'd love it if you'd write a post about your mail art origins.
I'll have a Mr. Linky tool to make it easy for you to share.
If you don't have a blog, we'd still love to hear your story.  You can write in the comments on next Monday's post.  (don't share them in these comments - we want them all in one place next week!)

What made you want to drop a piece of hand made art into a mailbox?
What was the first thing you sent?
What was the first thing you received?
Who introduced you to the concept?
Who inspired/influenced you?

Spread the word.  You don't need to be an MMSA swapper to participate.
Tell us your stories next Monday.
We really want to hear them.

1 comment:

Parabolic Muse said...

It's none of your business, but I was in a witness-protection program and my name was Cheech. They told me it would be a good idea for me to decorate a piece of cardboard with little pieces of paper that looked very much like letters of the alphabet arranged in orderly fashion, glued on so that they formed sentences, and then send it out to a particular address. I had to wear gloves while I was doing it, so it was very very difficult. Oddly, once I'd done this, I felt such a sense of assumed identity, I couldn't stop.

Oh, wait. You said not to tell it here.

Post a Comment