Thursday, June 20, 2013

non paper postcards - part 2

Boy, oh boy!  You guys really got your creative juices flowing for this challenge.
Some very cool things have arrived in my mailbox this week.  Are you ready to have your mind blown?

Carroll's cards are made from foil and plastic:


Ciara's card is from a CD:

Ellen made her card from wood and string:

Gina's cards are from an old record and duct tape:



Honi's cards are embellished fabric:




Indigo's cards are thick plexiglass:



(see how they are transparent?)

Joanne's first card is this zippered pouch filled with interesting tid-bits:


 Joanne's second "card" is this sturdy painted tube, wrapped in twine.
I can't wait to see the looks on the faces of my postal workers when I go to send this!




Katie's first card is from a plastic "clamshell" type of package, it's filled with buttons and beads and trinkets.


 Her next two cards are made from fused grocery bags


and Katie's fourth card is a thick styrofoam tray:

Leslie's fabric cards are embellished with lots of cool trim.



Mandy's cards are made from painted transparencies that have been stitched together with bits of cool fiber sandwiched in between:




You guys are AMAZING!

8 comments:

big mamabird said...

WOW...!

karenm said...

Oh my goodness, these are breathtakingly spectacular! You are all so very, very talented! I will be marveling over these photos again and again. What a treat to see!

GInaVisione said...

Whoa......!!!

Anonymous said...

Makes me think you should do another swap like this, now that some of us who were slow-to-catch-on have such a great source of inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! I am totally in awe of all of these, things that I would never ever have thought of using. All of these have certainly opened my eyes to what can be used for creative purposes. Kudoes!!!

Joyce

Jo Murray said...

I'm astounded at the variety of non-paper. Cograts to all!

Gina said...

Wow, such variety and all fabulous cards!

Lorinda.C.F said...

I am blown away by the creativity and ingenuity of these swappers! So impressive!!

Post a Comment