Saturday, July 1, 2023

POSTAL COSTS INCREASE - AGAIN

Hello Fellow Mail-Art Swappers. 

Tonight I was sorry to read in an article on the Internet that US postage costs are increasing.  Again.  Oh boy...

If I got this right, as of July 9th,

First Class stamps will increase by 5-cents.

Forever stamps will cost 66-cents each.

Post card stamps will go up to 51-cents each.

International mail postage will increase by 3-cents.

Foreign/International 1-ounce mail will cost $1.50.

Foreign/International post card postage will cost $1.50.

QUESTION:  SHOULD WE HAVE FEWER GROUP SWAPS ON MMSA?  

Your comments below or in other Comment areas on this MMSA site (or via email) will be carefully considered and appreciated.  

Your Group Swaps Moderator, Honi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can put the limit to 3 cards. It's disheartening to see the postage keep going up. I always enjoy the challenge of the themes, and, all the amazing interpretations. Thanks. Karen M.

KR said...

If I make a point of combining and mailing out the exchanged post cards in envelopes instead of sending separately, we can save a bit on postage costs... Honi

Anonymous said...

I generally do two out of every four swaps, so I'm ok with three. It's a shame that we even have to have this conversation, but I don't think I'm the only one here on a relatively low fixed income, so to me, every penny matters. A lot!
JoyceB.

Anonymous said...

Buy the postcard and letter stamps before Sunday. Then you don’t have to worry. The increase is minimal for the low volume per person on these swaps.

Post a Comment