Monday, September 27, 2021

WORLD POSTCARD DAY - OCTOBER 1st, 2021

Collage by hhc
Hello Fellow MailArt Swappers, 

I was just alerted to the fact that October 1st is World Postcard Day.  (Thanks Alex!)  An online search will bring up an interesting web page. 

With letter writing on the decline, exchanging artful correspondence is a joy and receiving tangible communications brightens someone's day.  I'm so glad MailMeSomeArt is here.  And I'm very glad so many people have participated and shared their art with me and each other (and the world!!!).

Collage by hhc

I don't know if I made up this saying, or if some clever person beat me to it:

"POSTCARDS:  An artful way to appear thoughtful while writing as little as possible."

(If I stole someone else's punchline, I apologize.)

SO let's celebrate by creating and sending out some post cards, and make someone's day brighter  :)

KEEP ON MAKING ART 
Honi

P.S.  Looking for an art penpal?  Or someone to send random art to?  Check out the Informal Exchange/Swap List :)

No comments:

Post a Comment