Thursday, October 31, 2013

Day of the dead - part 5

File under:  Better late than never.

Lynn mailed her day of the dead postcards from Connecticut on October 4th.
They arrived today, with no explanation for their  3 1/2 week delay, just in time for tomorrow's Dia de los Muertos celebration.
Sadly, they were not in time for the actual swap as I mailed out all the cards on Monday.

Still, they are too wonderful and funny not to share here.



 
So here's what I'm thinking - leave a comment if you would like to receive one of these beauties, and are willing to send Lynn a piece of mail art in return. 
She will probably say, no no no, don't bother, it's fine.
But good mail should be shared, don't you think? 

7 comments:

Michele C. said...

I would love to swap with her, they are all awesome! The top one is priceless! This was a great swap, I am making a mini book to put them in. I hope you got my superhero cards, I sent them and they were returned for insufficient postage and I re-sent...darn post office!

Karen Isaacson said...

Thanks Michele - I'll send you one of these cards. and yes - I got your superhero cards yesterday - they're awesome! I'll be posting them soon.

big mamabird said...

I have a card just waiting! I would be glad to trade for one of Lynn's, any of them!

Leslie said...

Sure, I'll swap with her. Send one along and give me her addy privately so I can get something fun off to her.

Unknown said...

I have an unsent security envelope postcard in the "better late than never" category, only I can't blame the post office, since the reason it wasn't sent was . . . urm . . . me. So maybe if we trade "the dead" for "the deadbeat," they'll cancel out somehow, like positive and negative numbers?

TTBishop said...

Thanks, everybody! You're all so nice! :-)

Unknown said...

Lynn:

Just want you to know that I received your zebra DOD postcard today. It was a nice surprise, and put a smile on my face. I have your address now, so you should have a "return" mail art sometime next week. Then again, if it takes three weeks to get a letter from CT to MA, it may take ten times that to get one from MN to you. I'll send it out, and we'll see what transpires, eh?

Smiles,
Joanne

Post a Comment