|From "REPETITION & VARIATION " swap|
Incorporate as many squares as you want to into your overall design.
NOTE: Square-shaped cards will require more postage than standard post cards would, either Forever stamps or Non-machineable postage, depending on the size. Look up the USPS guidelines online, or check with your friendly post office counter clerk. (And consider thanking him/her for the excellent service provided...)
|From "REPETITION & VARIATION" swap|
If you decide to make your art in a square shape, please enclose proper postage so I can send your art along to your swap partner(s).
Send a stamped, unaddressed envelope to protect your art as it travels to its new home.
MEDIA: your choice
TECHNIQUE: your choice
SIZE PARAMETERS: your choice (at least 5" x 3+1/2")
- ADDRESS LABELS FOR AS MANY PIECES AS YOU SEND IN
- SUFFICIENT POSTAGE FOR EACH PIECE YOU SEND IN
- WAXED PAPER, PARCHMENT OR CELLOPHANE BETWEEN EACH PIECE
- YOUR RETURN ADDRESS ON EACH PIECE YOU SEND IN
*****ANYTHING TOO THICK OR STIFF TO BEND EASILY, DESIGNS WITH ART EXTENDING OVER THE EDGES, POST CARDS ENCASED IN CELLOPHANE SLEEVES, WILL REQUIRE AT LEAST 70-cents "NON-MACHINEABLE" POSTAGE*****
Put your card(s) in an envelope and send by October 23rd
Post Office Box 142
Freedom, New York State 14065
United States of America
- You may send in as many as four cards. (You will get back the same number you send, each from a different artist)
- Your cards will be mailed to your host in an envelope, and your host will mail them "naked" to other swappers. International swappers may request to have them all mailed together in one envelope.
- If you're sending more than one, please make sure you insert waxed paper, parchment or cellophane between the cards so they don't get stuck together in the envelope, especially if you use glue, paint or sealant
- Write “MMSA - SQUARES" on the back of each card and attach your return address in the UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER in case of postal delivery problems. An email address legibly printed would make it easier for your recipient to thank you.
- LEAVE THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE POSTCARD BLANK (THE PART WHERE THE ADDRESS "TO" GOES)
- Include a mailing label with your name and address for each card you create
(Your host will attach them to the cards she mails to you)
- Please include the proper postage in the envelope or adhere stamps to your postcards (see below for postal guidelines)
- Postcards made from thicker cardboard (therefore stiff/not easily bendable) will need non-machineable postage. Thank you.
Postage and Card Size
- In order to use the postcard rate ($.34) your card cannot be bigger than 6"
x 4+1/4", and it must be thin and flexible. A card that is larger, thick, lumpy or doesn't bend, will require more postage.
- If your card is an unusual shape (square, round) or is flexible but has some lumpy embellishments it will probably cost you the "non-machineable" rate of $.70
- If your card doesn't bend at all, the post office may consider it a package and you should go get it weighed and measured to figure out the proper postage.
INTERNATIONAL SWAPPERS - contact the swap host regarding using PayPal to cover return mailing postage, or make other arrangements.
You can find all the postal specifications (and a handy postage calculator) here: http://postcalc.usps.gov