|Acrylic paint pushed though stencils, pencil eraser, |
sponging, rubber washers,
eraser carvings, paint brushes
|Paint brushes, rubber washers, stencil, white paint pen, eraser carving|
You may use paint brushes, fingers, feet, daubers, sponges, Gelli plate printers, brayers, stencils, plastic card edges (to scrape paint), paint-filled balloons and darts, spin art, rubber stamps with paint (not ink), or other shape- or texture-making items with paint, etc., or any combination of these.
|Paint brushes, stencil, rubber washers, eraser carvings|
|Paint brushes, acrylic paint pushed through stencil, |
eraser carvings, white paint pen
watercolors (even a cheap set)
(NOTE: I would certainly allow oil paints, but I do not know the required drying time for this media.)
THEME: Paint only
MEDIA: Any kind of paint, or combination of paints
TECHNIQUE: Brush, sponge, Gelli plate print, spray, finger paint, drip, drizzle, spatter, stencil, etc. (see above)
SIZE PARAMETERS: 6" x 4+1/4"
- ADDRESS LABELS FOR EACH PIECE YOU SUBMIT
- SUFFICIENT POSTAGE FOR EACH PIECE YOU SUBMIT
- WAXED PAPER, PARCHMENT OR CELLOPHANE BETWEEN EACH PIECE
- YOUR RETURN ADDRESS ON EACH PIECE YOU SUBMIT
*****ANYTHING THICKER THAN SEVERAL LAYERS OF INDEX CARD, ANYTHING TOO STIFF TO BEND EASILY, DESIGNS WITH ART EXTENDING OVER THE EDGES, POST CARDS ENCASED IN CELLOPHANE SLEEVES, WILL REQUIRE 70-cents "NON-MACHINEABLE" POSTAGE*****
Put your card(s) in an envelope and send by September 22nd
(CONTACT ME IF YOU INTEND TO
PARTICIPATE AND NEED MORE TIME)
Post Office Box 142
Freedom, New York 14065 U.S.A.
- You may send in as many as four cards. (You will get back the same number you send, each from a different artist)
- Your cards will be mailed to your host in an envelope, and your host will mail them "naked" to other swappers. International swappers may request to have them all mailed together in one envelope.
- If you're sending more than one, please make sure you insert waxed paper, parchment or cellophane between the cards so they don't get stuck together in the envelope, especially if you use glue, paint or sealant
- Write “MMSA - PAINT" on the back of each card and attach your return address in the UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER in case of postal delivery problems. An email address legibly written would make it easier for your recipient to thank you.
- LEAVE THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE POSTCARD BLANK (THE PART WHERE THE ADDRESS "TO" GOES)
- Include a mailing label with your name and address for each card you create
(Your host will attach them to the cards she mails back to you)
- Please include the proper postage in the envelope or adhere stamps to your postcards (see below for postal guidelines)
- Postcards made from thicker cardboard (therefore stiff/not easily bendable) will need non-machinable postage. Thank you.
Postage and Card Size
- In order to use the postcard rate ($.34) your card cannot be bigger than 6"
x 4+1/4", and it must be thin and flexible. A card that is larger, thick, lumpy or doesn't bend, will require more postage.
- If your card is an unusual shape (square, round) or is flexible but has some lumpy embellishments it will probably cost you the "non machineable" rate of $.70
- If your card doesn't bend at all and/or is thick, please take it to a postal counter to be measured to figure out the proper postage.
INTERNATIONAL SWAPPERS - contact the swap host regarding using PayPal to cover return mailing postage, or make other arrangements.
You can find all the postal specifications (and a handy postage calculator) here: http://postcalc.usps.gov