Your swap pieces may be of any design or be made with any media/technique, but you need to incorporate some stitches. If you don't have a sewing machine, you can sew some stitches by hand. If you don't sew by hand, enhance your design with "pen-stitches" drawn with some sort of pen. You can create the look of stitching with dashes or other pattern of fake stitching.
Joanne L. is hosting this post card swap.
MEDIA: ink, paint, collage, mixed media
MATERIALS: paper, fabric
TECHNIQUE: stitch by machine, by hand, or with a pen or marker
SIZE PARAMETERS: Post Card 6" x 4+1/4"
- NAME & RETURN ADDRESS LABELS FOR EACH PIECE YOU SUBMIT
- SUFFICIENT POSTAGE FOR EACH PIECE YOU SUBMIT
- WAXED PAPER BETWEEN EACH PIECE
- RETURN ADDRESS ON EACH PIECE YOU SUBMIT
*****ANYTHING THICKER THAN SEVERAL LAYERS OF INDEX CARD, ANYTHING TOO STIFF TO BEND EASILY, DESIGNS WITH ART EXTENDING OVER THE EDGES, POST CARDS ENCASED IN CELLOPHANE SLEEVES, WILL REQUIRE 70-cents "NON-MACHINEABLE" POSTAGE*****
Put your card(s) in an envelope and send by June 19th
11041 Doxberry Cr.
Woodstock, MD 21163
- You may submit as many as four cards. (You will get back the same number you send, each from a different artist)
- Your cards will be mailed to your host in an envelope, and your host will mail them "naked" to other swappers. International swappers may request to have them all mailed together in one envelope.
- If you're sending more than one, please make sure you insert waxed paper or parchment in between the cards so they don't get stuck together in the envelope. Things are very likely to get stuck together in the envelope if you use glue, paint or sealant
- Write “MMSA - All Sewn Up" on the back of each card to remind your recipient why they are receiving this wonderful work of art in the mail.
- Please write your return address on the back of the postcard (in case of postal delivery problems) and consider including your email address so the recipient can thank you. A short friendly note or good wishes on the message side are always appreciated.
- Leave the right side of the postcard blank (the part where the address goes)
- Include a mailing label with your name and address for each card you create
(Your host will attach them to the cards she mails back to you)
- Please include the proper postage in the envelope or adhere stamps to your postcards (see below for postal guidelines)
- Postcards made from thicker cardboard (therefore stiff/not easily bendable) will need non-machineable postage. Thank you.
Postage and Card Size
- In order to use the postcard rate ($.34) your card cannot be bigger than 6"
x 4+1/4", and it must be thin and flexible. A card that is larger, thick, lumpy or doesn't bend, will require more postage.
- If your card is an unusual shape (square, round) or is flexible but has some lumpy embellishments it will probably cost you the "non machinable" rate of $.70
- If your card doesn't bend at all, the post office may consider it a package and you should go get it weighed and measured to figure out the proper postage.
INTERNATIONAL SWAPPERS - contact the swap host regarding using PayPal to cover return mailing postage, or make other arrangements.
You can find all the postal specifications (and a handy postage calculator) here: http://postcalc.usps.gov