Her four lovely examples show how to cover a base paper with Washi Tape and then cut out shapes. Or cut/tear Washi Tape to make smaller pieces before applying.
No digital art.
No photographs of Washi Tape.
CAUTION: Washi Tape, being somewhat repositionable, is not considered "permanent." In order to make your mail art safer through postal processing and to assist delivery intact, PLEASE use either clear tape or a sealing material to secure your layers. Please allow sufficient drying time before placing your entries between waxed paper, then into the envelope you send your host.
Goden polymer medium
Ranger Glue 'n Seal
Disclaimer: This host makes no guarantees regarding delivery. All pieces will be sent to participants "naked" through the mail.
THEME: Washi Tape
MEDIA: 50% Washi tape, plus other elements if you wish
NO CORRUGATED "box board"
TECHNIQUE: collage and...
SIZE PARAMETERS: 4+1/4" x 6" maximum Post Card size (larger pieces will require additional postage)
- waxed paper/parchment paper between each card
- sufficient postage for each card
- address labels for each card
- adhesive tape tabs or strips on four edges of your envelope
- email address if you want host to notify you of arrival
*****ANYTHING LARGER THAN POST CARD SIZE LIMITS WILL REQUIRE AT LEAST 49-CENTS LETTER RATE POSTAGE.*****
*****ANYTHING THICKER THAN SEVERAL LAYERS OF INDEX CARD, ANYTHING TOO STIFF TO BEND EASILY, WILL PROBABLY REQUIRE 70-cents "NON-MACHINABLE" POSTAGE*****
Put your card(s) in an envelope and send by April 3rd to:
1514 Senior Court
Lehigh Acres, FL 33971 USA
QUESTIONS? Laurie firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may submit as many as four cards. (You will get back the same number you send, each from a different artist)
- Your cards will be mailed to your host in an envelope, and your host will mail them "naked" to other swappers. International swappers may request to have them all mailed together in one envelope.
- If you're sending more than one, please make sure you insert waxed paper or parchment in between the cards so they don't get stuck together in the envelope. Things are very likely to get stuck together in the envelope if you use glue, paint or sealant
- Write “MMSA - " on the back of each card to remind your recipient why they are receiving this wonderful work of art in the mail.
- Please write your return address on the back of the postcard (in case of postal delivery problems) and consider including your email address so the recipient can thank you. A short friendly note or good wishes on the message side are always appreciated.
- Leave the right side of the postcard blank (the part where the address goes)
- Include a mailing label with your name and address for each card you create
(Your host will attach them to the cards she mails back to you)
- Please include the proper postage in the envelope or adhere stamps to your postcards (see below for postal guidelines)
- Postcards made from thicker cardboard (therefore stiff/not easily bendable) will need non-machinable postage. Thank you.
Postage and Card Size
- In order to use the postcard rate ($.34) your card cannot be bigger than 4+1/4 x 6 inches, and it must be thin and flexible. A card that is thick, lumpy or doesn't bend, will require more postage.
- If your card is a rectangle bigger than a postcard, but still flat and flexible, a regular "forever" ($.49 ) stamp is what you need.
- If your card is an unusual shape (square, round) or is flexible but has some lumpy embellishments it will probably cost you the "non machinable" rate of $.70
- If your card doesn't bend at all, the post office may consider it a package and you should go get it weighed to figure out the proper postage.
INTERNATIONAL SWAPPERS - contact the swap host regarding using PayPal to cover return mailing postage, or make other arrangements.