Friday, June 5, 2015

Guest host experiment


Hey everybody.
You may have noticed I haven't been posting any new swaps.....

Since I don't know if or when I'll be up for hosting again, and I know how much everyone enjoys swapping, I'm going to try an experiment - GUEST HOSTS!

Our inaugural guinea pig is the the brave and lovely Honi C.

Here's how it's going to work.
Honi picks the theme of the swap, and I post it here.
You mail your art to HONI, not to me.
She's going to photograph them all and email me the files so I can post them here as usual.
She will do all the physical swapping and mailing of the cards.

I'm hoping to have Honi's swap up tomorrow.

If any of you have ever considered hosting a swap here's a way to get your feet wet and see if you enjoy it.
I'll be writing a blog post in the near future showing all the tips and tricks I've learned over the years, and how I keep everything organized.

Since I'm not quite ready to relinquish or share admin rights to the blog, the only way to keep showing pictures of everyone's work is for the host to email me the images.  That's the easiest and least time consuming part for me anyway, so I think this will work for now.

Everyone will need to pay close attention to the address you'll be sending your stuff to so they don't end up at my house by mistake.

To simplify things for the host, we won't be able to take paypal payments for postage.  You'll have to attach US postage or include US cash in the envelope.  My apologies in advance if this excludes international swappers for a while.

Send me an email or leave a comment if you think you'd like to act as a guest host.  I promise I'll be available to answer your questions and coach you along.

Meanwhile, watch for Honi's swap!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know Honi will do a wonderful job. Thank you Honi...and thank you Karen for finding a way to continue the swaps. Kathie Mc

Anonymous said...

Delighted to see this, thank you, Karen. And thanks to HoniC for being willing to do it.

JoyceB.

GinaVisione said...

Karen and Honi - you are wonderful! Thank you both for such great inspiration to keep us all creating in these busy life times!
p.s. - I'll host one for the end of July and will ponder on a theme and get back to ya!! XO

arts4all said...

Thanks to both of you for this creative way to continue these very special swaps!!

patricia landon said...

I am in!

Post a Comment