Tuesday, August 12, 2014

ready, set, scan


I'm back from a wonderful vacation.
Here's what the post office was holding for me....


thanks to an empty house and 11 consecutive episodes of Sports Night, I was able to scan all 263 postcards last night. (which is not quite as crazy as it sounds since I scan 2-3 at a time.)


As always, my trusty assistant was on hand...
enjoying the big pile of waxed paper and parchment that was pulled from all the envelopes


Next I will be cropping and labeling (wonder how many more episodes that will take?), and then I'll be able to start posting all this amazing work.

The last things I mailed were the pink & green postcards.
Hopefully I'll get the favorite city and tape postcards swapped and mailed by Monday.

It's good to be back.

10 comments:

  1. Wow..They even let you take them home in one of the special boxes! I hope you had a fabulous vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl that is a lot of work!! Glad you had help ;-)
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home Karen! I hope you had the same gorgeous weather that we had. I still can't believe that you took all that stuff with you. Can't wait to see the posts--loved all these new themes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is, WHEW!!!!! Oh yes and of course THANK YOU for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Home Karen! Glad you had some well deserved down time. Wish I was there to help you with the sorting, swapping and mailing. Because it looks like the "help" you have is sleeping on the job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! That is a whole lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were missed (as it seems to be quite apparent via your assistant :D), but even more importantly, you experienced a well-deserved Break!! XO, G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your vacation was fabulous. Thanks for all you do for the group. It's such a joy to find art in my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go, girl!!
    Thanks for doing ALL of this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen. Sorry, I'm a bit slow in saying welcome home. Just looking at that box of mail makes me anxious. I love getting mail, but I have a big touch of ADHD and just thinking about all the sorting and organizing that you do, makes me sweat like a farm hand. LOL. Kudos for all you do girl...or woman if you prefer : )

    ReplyDelete