Don't you just love all the patterns you find on the inside of security envelopes?
They make the most wonderful collage papers.
It's time to start digging through your recycle bin, because we're going to make postcards that feature security envelopes.
You can use them as a background, as I did in the above postcards, or you can cut them into shapes like Gina did for the tree swap
or incorporate the window like I did in these collages:
Use them anyway you want!
- make a postcard that incorporates at least one visible piece of a security envelope.
- It will be mailed to your partner without an envelope so make sure it is sturdy enough to survive mail handling.
- make as many cards as you like - you will get back the same number you send
- if you're sending me more than one, please make sure you insert waxed paper or parchment in between the cards so they don't get stuck together in the envelope
- write a little message for your partner and be sure to include your return address (in case of postal delivery problems) and your email address so the recipient can thank you.
- include an address label for each card you create
- include a stamp for each card you create (or send me cash, or send me postal money via paypal)
- international swappers are welcome - the postage cost is $1.10 per card (paypal account is firstname.lastname@example.org)
You are welcome to make any size postcard you want, but please pay attention to the following postal guidelines
- In order to use the postcard rate (currently $.33) your card cannot be bigger than 4.25 x 6 inches, and it must be thin and flexible. A 4x6 card that is thick, lumpy or doesn't bend, needs more postage than one of those "apple" stamps
- If your card is a rectangle bigger than a postcard, but still flat and flexible, a regular $.46 "forever" stamp is what you need.
- If your card is an unusual shape (square, round) or is flexible but has some lumpy embellishments it will probably cost you the "non machinable" rate of $.66
- If your card doesn't bend, the post office considers it a package and will cost $2.07 to mail.
PO Box 532
Shrewsbury, MA 01545