Let's celebrate the Day of the Dead with some fabulous postcard art, shall we?
The challenge: Create a postcard using traditional Dia de Muertos imagery.
Any size, any substrate, any style, any medium.
Draw it, paint it, collage it, sew it - your choice!
It will be mailed to your partner without an envelope, so make sure whatever you create is sturdy enough to survive mail handling.
- make as many cards as you like - you will get back the same number you send
- if you're sending me more than one, please make sure you insert waxed paper or parchment in between the cards so they don't get stuck together in the envelope
- write a little message for your partner and be sure to include your return address (in case of postal delivery problems) and your email address so the recipient can thank you.
- include an address label for each card you create
- include a stamp for each card you create (or send me cash, or send me postal money via paypal)
- international swappers are welcome - the postage cost is $1.10 per card (paypal account is firstname.lastname@example.org)
You are welcome to make any size postcard you want, but please pay attention to the following postal guidelines
- In order to use the postcard rate (currently $.33) your card cannot be bigger than 4.25 x 6 inches, and it must be thin and flexible. A 4x6 card that is thick, lumpy or doesn't bend, needs more postage than one of those "apple" stamps
- If your card is a rectangle bigger than a postcard, but still flat and flexible, a regular $.46 "forever" stamp is what you need.
- If your card is an unusual shape (square, round) or is flexible but has some lumpy embellishments it will probably cost you the "non machinable" rate of $.66
- If your card doesn't bend, the post office considers it a package and will cost $2.07 to mail.
PO Box 532
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
With any luck, they will be swapped and mailed back to you in time for the November 1st celebration!