The challenge: Create a self-portrait on a postcard.
Any size, any substrate, any style, any medium.
It doesn't have to actually look like you as long as you feel it represents you.
It will be mailed to your partner without an envelope, so make sure whatever you create is sturdy enough to survive mail handling.
- Artistically represent yourself on a postcard. All styles of art are welcome -you do not need to create collages or mixed media pieces. Feel free to draw, paint, sew, sculpt, digitize, etc. (as long as it can be mailed without an envelope)
- make as many cards as you like - you will get back the same number you send
- if you're sending me more than one, please make sure you insert waxed paper or parchment in between the cards so they don't get stuck together in the envelope
- write a little message for your partner and be sure to include your return address (in case of postal delivery problems) and your email address so the recipient can thank you.
- include an address label for each card you create
- include a stamp for each card you create (or send me cash, or send me postal money via paypal)
- international swappers are welcome - the postage cost is $1.10 per card (paypal account is email@example.com)
You are welcome to make any size postcard you want, but please pay attention to the following postal guidelines
- In order to use the postcard rate (currently $.33) your card cannot be bigger than 4.25 x 6 inches, and it must be thin and flexible. A 4x6 card that is thick, lumpy or doesn't bend, needs more postage than one of those "apple" stamps
- If your card is a rectangle bigger than a postcard, but still flat and flexible, a regular $.46 "forever" stamp is what you need.
- If your card is an unusual shape (square, round) or is flexible but has some lumpy embellishments it will probably cost you the "non machinable" rate of $.66
- If your card doesn't bend, the post office considers it a package and will cost $2.07 to mail.
PO Box 532
Shrewsbury, MA 01545