Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bookmark Swap - postmark by July 22


Here's another repeat of a quick, easy and fun swap.

Make a bookmark - any style, any medium, any size.


Paint it, knit it, fold it, draw it.
Anything goes*
Either put your name and email on the back, or attach a little note with that same information so that your partner knows who to thank (and how to reach you.)

*but please don't coat your bookmarks with mod-podge or hair spray because in my experience those always stay a little bit sticky and that's no good for something that's going to live it's life pressed between paper.  Read this post for some ideas on alternatives.

details:
  • make a bookmark.  (or two or three. You'll get back the same number you send.)
  • put it in an envelope with:
    • the amount of postage it cost you to send it to me.
    • a mailing label with your address on it
  • Get it in the mail to me no later than July 22nd
    • Karen Isaacson, PO Box 532, Shrewsbury, MA 01545, United States.

(images in this post are bookmarks I created.  To see what was made for the first swap, click on the label below this post that says "bookmarks" and it will bring you to all the past bookmark posts)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so funny because I had just written down in my ideas notebook "Bookmarks"!
I'm doing this one! :)

Anonymous said...

I've got mine started!
HelgaDeb

Helgadeb said...

Are there only the three of us?

Helgadeb said...

Mine are in the mail!

Karen Isaacson said...

I have a bunch so far. Since there is no sign up requirement I never know exactly how many I'll get but were off to a good start.

Helgadeb said...

Did my bookmarks arrive?
Just checking.

Karen Isaacson said...

they did and they are wonderful! I'm still catching up on a back-log of mail from my long weekend out of town. They should be posted over the weekend.

Helgadeb said...

Thanks. This is my first swap....I was hopeful they would be ok.

Katie's Mom said...

Is this still an on going thing? I have a 19 year old autistic daughter who is in love with making bookmarks and I think it would be fun for her to make, send and receive. I just don't want to suggest it and then it be a huge let down if this isn't up and active any more.

Katie's Mom said...

I have a 19 year old high functioning Autistic daughter. She loves crafting and bookmarks. I am trying to find her a bookmark swap that is currently on going. She has battled alot of things and book marks seem to bring a smile and she loves getting mail. So my question is, is this still currently going? I don't want to get her hopes up and then it be a big let down.

KR said...

Katie's Mom, There is a new BOOKMARKS swap running now until August 7th, 2017. Please go to the Mail Me Some Art home page and click on the OPEN SWAPS tab at the top, then click on the BOOKMARKS swap for description. Any questions? Go to CONTACT ME tab at top of home page. Thanks. Honi C.

Anonymous said...

I'm finding out about this too late to get involved this year, but I hope you keep doing this. It's a great idea!

Post a Comment