Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Red Postcards - Mail by May 28th

-->

Create a postcard using predominantly red colors.
You can paint, draw, cut, glue, and/or embellish.  It’s okay to include a bit of black or white, or a small accent of another color, but overall, keep to the red family.

These postcards will be mailed without an envelope to your partner, so keep that in mind if you are gluing and embellishing.

SWAP DETAILS:
  •  Create your postcard - any dimensions, just make sure you include the proper postage for the size.
  • Include your name and contact information on the back (address and/or email and/or blog) so that you partner can thank you or find out more about you.
  • Write a little note for your partner – a greeting, a quote, some info about you or where you live, or info about how you created your postcard.
  • Write "MMSA Red" somewhere on the back of the card as well.  (I don't know about you, but I get a lot of mail, and it's sometimes hard to figure out if it's part of an organized swap or just personal mail.)
  • leave the address section blank
  • Stick it in an envelope with:
    • a stamp (don't adhere to the postcard in case I need to send yours to someone out of the country).  Keep in mind the maximum size card you can send with the post card rate stamp is 4.25 x6 inches.  If your card is bigger than this, or oddly shaped, or excessively rigid or lumpy, it will need more postage.
    •  a mailing label with your name and address on it (I will stick it on the card I mail back to you.  This keeps me from having to decipher handwriting on the envelope you send me, and saves me time when swapping everything and mailing it back out) 
  •  mail it to me no later than May 28th (postmark date)
             Karen Isaacson
             PO Box 532
             Shrewsbury, MA 01545
             United States
  • Feel free to make more than one ( you can send them to me in the same envelope).  You'll get back the number of postcards you create.  Make sure to include a mailing label and stamp for each post card.
  • If you live outside the US, don't include stamps, but send me $1.10 (US dollars) per postcard for postage via paypal.  (email: iamrushmore@gmail.com)
  • I will post your work to the blog when I receive it.  If you would like your image linked to your blog, or flickr account, or facebook page, or etsy shop (or whatever) just send me a note telling me how you want it linked.  (this is a great way to meet other artists and make lots of new friends)

1 comment:

Untingly said...

I am going to be doing this one! So excited. :)

Post a Comment