It's back to school season in my part of the world, and to honor it I'm hosting a "school memories" post card swap. On one side of your postcard create some images related to a memory about your school years. It could be a good memory or a bad one, from when you were young, from high school or college - anything at all. You can use words or collage or paint or drawing - whatever you like.
On the other side of your postcard, describe that memory in words.
- Create a postcard, no larger than 4"x6" depicting a memory from your school years
- Write a message on the back explaining what that memory is and what it means to you.
- include your name and contact information (address and/or email and/or blog) so that you partner can thank you or find out more about you.
- leave the address section blank
- Stick in in an envelope with:
- a stamp (don't adhere to the postcard in case I need to send yours to someone out of the country)
- a mailing label with your name and address on it (I will stick it on the card I mail back to you. This keeps me from having to decipher handwriting on the envelope you send me, and saves me time when swapping everything and mailing it back out)
- mail it to me no later than September 8th:
PO Box 532
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
- Feel free to make more than one ( you can send them to me in the same envelope). You'll get back the number of postcards you create. Make sure to include a mailing label and stamp for each post card you create.
- If you live outside the US, don't include stamps, but send me $1 for postage via paypal. email: email@example.com
- I will post your work to the blog when I receive it. If you would like your image linked to your blog, or flickr account, or facebook page, or etsy shop (or whatever) just send me a note telling me how you want it linked. (this is a great way to meet other artists and make lots of new friends)