Monday, July 23, 2012

Kitchen postcard swap - postmark by August 11

Here's your challenge:
Find something in your kitchen and use it to make a post-card sized piece of art.
(and using food packaging in a collage doesn't count this time)

There are lots of ways you could interpret this.
Here are just a few ideas:
  • use a fruit or vegetable as a stamp
  •  use a kitchen tool to apply paint
  • make a gelatin block for gelatin prints
  • use a food ingredient in a creative way
  • involve one of your appliances (shrink art anyone?)

You can use plenty of non-kitchen items as well, as long as something from the kitchen is used in your process or imagery.

SWAP DETAILS:
  •  Create a postcard, no larger than 4"x6"
  • Write a message on the back explaining how you used a kitchen item to create your postcard
  • include your name and contact information (address and/or email and/or blog) so that you partner can thank you or find out more about you.
  • leave the address section blank
  • Stick in in an envelope with:
    • a stamp (don't adhere to the postcard in case I need to send yours to someone out of the country)
    •  a mailing label with your name and address on it (I will stick it on the card I mail back to you.  This keeps me from having to decipher handwriting on the envelope you send me, and saves me time when swapping everything and mailing it back out) 
  •  mail it to me no later than August 11th:
             Karen Isaacson
             PO Box 532
             Shrewsbury, MA 01545
             United States

  • Feel free to make more than one ( you can send them to me in the same envelope).  You'll get back the number of postcards you create.  Make sure to include a mailing label and stamp for each post card you create.
  • If you live outside the US, don't include stamps, but send me $1 for postage via paypal.  email: iamrushmore@gmail.com
  • I will post your work to the blog when I receive it.  If you would like your image linked to your blog, or flickr account, or facebook page, or etsy shop (or whatever) just send me a note telling me how you want it linked.  (this is a great way to meet other artists and make lots of new friends)


9 comments:

Carol said...

I'm TOTALLY in - and you read my mind - I was going to take a cucumber and make prints from it due to all the pickling I have been doing - now I will!

Cameron said...

Hmmm....intriguing! I'll have to think on it :)

Terrie said...

This is intriguing - I'll have to put my thinking cap on....

I'm thrilled to see MMSA is going strong and there's so much participation! Lots of work on your part, and we all thank you!

Anonymous said...

Okay I am in, sounds like fun. Love your orange above! xox

Anonymous said...

How cool! Okay, this will be the first one I am in on!

Jen W.

GinaVisione said...

You're killing me with all these fun swaps. (Crap! I was hoping I could sneak in a few more Trash pieces... Just kidding!) I hope to join this one too. Just sent out 5 for Monochromatic! YAY!

QUESTION: If you end up sending one or more of mine outside the US, will you please notify me/charge me/something? I don't want you fronting me for postage young lady (I can say that with authority, since you ARE younger than me... haha) - so fess up!
Thanx for everything you do!

Karen Isaacson said...

no worries, Gina. If someone from outside the US enters the swap, they have sent me enough money so I can buy the correct amount of postage to mail them back their new cards. You're giving me five US stamps to mail five cards back to you. so it all works out.

TTBishop said...

I admit I was skeptical about this one, but I have discovered I like painting with a fork! And I also learned it is possible to cook broccoli with a heat gun....

Parabolic Muse said...

I'm doing it. I may do it twice.