|R&W tissue paper pre-coated with Gloss Medium Gel.|
Black punch-outs coated later with Glossy Accents.
For these samples I tried several finishes to make paper (collage) appear 3-D and shiny: Glossy Accents, Gloss Gel Medium, and colored finger nail polish (enamel). Clear nail polish might work well, too.
|Pink nail polish over punch-outs from painted paper (see pink painted|
paper in the background)... Glossy Accents over black "beads"
Allow to dry completely before mailing, and be sure to separate each painted, glued or sealed art piece with waxed paper or cellophane to keep them from sticking together.
All thick, stiff or lumpy art will require nonmachinable/two-ounce postage and possibly the protection of a separate (stamped) envelope (with your return address in the upper left hand corner), or a cellophane mailing sleeve for each piece to be sent along to your swap partners.
THEME: Beads on a String
SIZE PARAMETERS: 6" x 4+1/4"
- AS MANY SELF-ADDRESS LABELS AS PIECES YOU EXPECT TO RECEIVE BACK
- SUFFICIENT POSTAGE FOR EACH PIECE YOU SEND IN
- WAXED PAPER, PARCHMENT OR CELLOPHANE BETWEEN EACH PIECE
- YOUR RETURN ADDRESS ON EACH PIECE YOU SEND IN
- WRITE "MMSA - BEADS" on the side you write on anyway, not the on art side
*****ANYTHING THICKER THAN SEVERAL LAYERS OF INDEX CARD, ANYTHING TOO STIFF TO BEND EASILY, DESIGNS WITH ART EXTENDING OVER THE EDGES, POST CARDS ENCASED IN CELLOPHANE SLEEVES, WILL REQUIRE 71-cents "NONMACHINABLE" POSTAGE*****
Put your card(s) in an envelope and
get into the mail no later than March 26th
Post Office Box 142
Freedom, New York State 14065
Freedom, New York State 14065
- You may send in as many as four cards unless specified by the swap host. (You will get back the same number you send, each from a different artist).
- Your cards will be mailed to your host in an envelope, and your host will mail them "naked" to other swappers. International swappers may request to have them all mailed together in one envelope.
- If you're sending more than one, please make sure you insert waxed paper, parchment or cellophane between the cards so they don't get stuck together in the envelope, especially if you use glue, paint or sealant.
- Write “MMSA - BEADS " on the back of each card and attach your return address in the UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER in case of postal delivery problems. An email address legibly written would make it easier for your recipient to thank you.
- LEAVE SPACE FOR THE "ADDRESS TO" LABELS WHICH YOUR SWAP HOST WILL ATTACH
- Include a mailing label with your name and address for each card you expect to receive back.
(Your host will attach them to the swapped cards she mails to you)
- Please include the proper postage in the envelope or adhere stamps to your postcards (see below for postal guidelines)
- Postcards made from thicker cardboard (therefore stiff/not easily bendable) will need nonmachinable postage. Thank you.
Postage and Card Size
- In order to use the postcard rate ($.35) your card cannot be bigger than 6"
x 4+1/4", and it must be thin and flexible. A card that is larger, thick, lumpy or doesn't bend, will require more postage.
- If your card is an unusual shape (square, round) or is flexible but has some lumpy embellishments it will probably cost you the "nonmachinable" rate of $.71
- If your card is very thick and doesn't bend at all, the post office may consider it a package and you should get it weighed and measured to figure out the proper postage.
INTERNATIONAL SWAPPERS - contact the swap host regarding using PayPal to cover return mailing postage, or make other arrangements.
You can find all the postal specifications (and a handy postage calculator) here: http://postcalc.usps.gov